Do you ask yourself, “where did the love go” or “how can I have a relationship that I want?” Relationships can be hard work and there can be times when it feels hopeless that change is possible.
Are You Experiencing:
- The pain of constant arguing about matters that never get resolved
- A dissatisfying sex life where your needs don’t get met
- A breakdown in communication
- Fighting about money
- Work/life imbalance
- Extended family issues
- Resentment and anger toward your partner
- Emotionally growing apart
- Infidelity and mistrust
- Lack of affection
- Criticism, hostility or contempt
I am passionate about helping couples overcome stress and hardship in their relationships and experience more joy, intimacy, support and love. And I am confident and hopeful that issues in relationship can be solved if both partners are willing to do the work in couples therapy. Financial problems, communication issues, intimacy challenges, and conflicts around raising children can be overcome with new skills in communication, deeper understanding of your partner’s triggers, better ways to manage stress, and a renewed feeling of safety in your relationship.
In Couples Counseling You Can Have:
- Tools to help bring yourself and your partner to calm
- Closeness and intimacy that comes from a safe, trusting and committed relationship
- Open, honest and respectful communication where you feel heard
- Renewed sexual vitality with your partner
- Shared meaning, purpose and vision for your life together
- Stronger relationships with your children as a result of a strong partnership
You may experience that the challenges in your relationship are played out over and over again like a continuous loop. Whether it is issues with extended family, money or work/life balance, you find yourself back again in the same argument. Many times the problem is not such much the content of your argument (money, household chores, children) that drives this replaying pattern, but a deeper need that is not expressed between the partners (“I don’t feel safe in the relationship;” “I don’t feel understood.”).
I am a firm believer and advocate that a strong marriage equals a strong family. When the parents feel strong in their relationship with intimacy, fun, commitment and abiding love, the children feel safe. And when the children feel safe, they can be less apt to fight or defy. As a couples therapist and as a father and husband, I have seen how secure bonding in the couple leads to improved parent-child relations.
I offer a safe and supportive environment for you and your partner to explore and work through challenges and growth areas. The counseling process is tailored made to the needs of you and your partner. My approach to therapy is formed by the latest science and research in couples counseling. It is a great joy and thrill for me to see what is possible for each partner when a secure functioning bond is created in the relationship.